Have you filed the Income Tax and did you want to check the Income Tax Refund Status? Just scroll down and find all the possible ways to check the Online Income Tax Refund status. It is compulsory for every Indian citizen to file the Income Tax. The tax paid by you to the government of India is utilized for the welfare of India. So, if you have not paid the Income Tax, we suggest you, to file Income Tax as soon as possible and check the tax return status & IT Refund Status. You can check the ITR refund status using PAN number and Assessment Year. To check the Income tax return status you can use PAN number or Income Tax refund acknowledgment number. Therefore, we have given steps for both ways of checking Status of Income Tax return and Status of Refund.
Income Tax Refund Status
Track your Income Tax Refund Status by PAN Number here. For checking IT Refund Status, tax return acknowledgment number is not necessary. So on this page, you can check the Income Tax Refund Status just by entering the PAN. We can say that it is the easy and convenient process to get the Online refund status. Because you can check the Refund Status of Income Tax within a few seconds.
What is Income Tax Refund?
Every year, a taxpayer files the IT return that calculates his / her income taxes owed. If he paid the income tax more than the tax he owed, then he is eligible to get the Income Tax Refund. In short, Income Tax refund is the difference between Tax paid and the tax owed. In such case, the Indian Revenue System will issue a refund of that excess amount within 10-21 days (if the return is filed through online/electronically). The Tax refund amount is sent back through a cheque. It takes some time for the cheque to reach you. Meanwhile, you can check the Tax Refund status to know how many days it will take to get the Tax refund amount.
To track the Online refund status you need the following details
- PAN number.
- Assessment year.
Just enter the above details and click on submit to get the Income Tax Online Refund status on our site.
The NSDL also provides the facility to check the Tax refund status on the official site. Read this entire article and know How to check the India Income Tax refund status using the Permanent account Number (PAN) from the official site. The stepwise process to check the tax refund status through official website of the Income Tax department is given below sections of this page.
ITR Refund Status By PAN Card Number – NSDL Portal
Online Tax refund status through the NSDL is the best portal to check the Status of Tax Refund. Because the status obtained will give you the clear information and you can get a clear idea about the Income tax status. The following would be displayed in the obtained Income tax refund status NSDL.
- Mode of Payment.
- Reference number.
- Speed post reference number.
To get the Online Income Tax refund status the following are necessary.
- Permanent Account Number (PAN).
- Assessment Year.
How to check the NSDL IT Refund Status?
- To Visit the TIN NSDL, click here https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/refundstatuslogin.html
- Now, the below page will be opened.
- Enter the 10 digit PAN number and assessment year.
- Finally, click on “submit”.
- Now, the status is displayed.
- If you have filed the Income Tax, the ITR status will be displayed as shown below.
- If you have not filed the Income Tax properly, the TR status is shown as below.
Know your Refund Status Online – Using User ID & Password
Some of the Taxpayers who file their Income Tax through the e-filing website, they will have a user ID and Password. Using these you can track the Online Income Tax Refund status. The following are the simple steps to check the Income Tax return status.
- Firstly, visit the Income Tax efiling website.
- On the top right of the Page, you will find “Login here”, as shown in the below image.
- Now, Log on to the e-filing website using the user ID, DOB or the password.
- Then, click on “My account” & select “Refund/Demand Status”.
- Then, within a fraction of seconds, the below details regarding the Income Tax Refund Status by PAN Number is displayed.
- Assessment Year.
- Reason (For Refund Failure).
- Mode of Payment.
Online Income Tax Refund Status – New user Registration
The above mentioned process is for the taxpayers who are already registered users. But, if you are a new user for the Income tax efiling portal you need to register. So simply follow the steps below for Income Tax efiling registration.
- Firstly, visit the Income Tax Efiling site or click here.
- Now, the home page of the Income tax site opens as shown below.
- If you clearly observe you will find “New To e-filing? Register Yourself” on the right side of the page.
- Click on it.
- Now, a window opens as shown below which is the Income Tax registration form.
- For the registration, you need to select the user type and other details carefully.
- Click on “Continue”.
- Then, the New registration process starts which has 3 stages namely, Enter the basic details, Registration form and registration successful.
- Now, in the first step, you have to enter the basic details of the assessee as shown in the below image.
- Enter the details such as the PAN number, Surname, Middle name, First name and date of birth carefully without spelling mistakes and click on Continue.
- Then, the second step of the registration process is as shown below.
- The above image is the Registration form and all the details like user id, password, Primary secret question – answer, Personal details, contact details, Current Address, Email and Code.
- As this is the registration form you have to enter details properly without errors.
- The password must contain the alphabets, numbers, Special characters.
- After filling this form once recheck the details and click on “Submit button”.
- As soon as you click on submit button a new page opens as shown in below image which indicates the successful registration.
- Read the details on that page carefully to activate your account.
- A link will be sent to the registered email id, so open the email account and click on the activation link which is sent by the ITD.
- When you click on the link a page will open for “Activation”, where you need to enter the OTP which is sent to your mobile.
- Enter the “Mobile pin” and click on “submit button”.
- Finally, the Income Tax registration and activation is completed successfully and it shows “the user id is successfully activated”.
Income Tax Refund Status through Call/ Email
This is also a flexible way to check refund status by Call or email. You will get the Income Tax refund status through Phone call/ Email. To get the ITR Status just call the number below.
Income tax refund status toll free number: 1800 425 9760
Dail to the above number and you can enquire about your IT return status.
Otherwise, you can send the mail request to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Income Tax Return V Receipt Status
The Tax return status is different from the tax refund status. This Online Income Tax return status is to ensure that the tax paid by you has reached the Income Tax department. In some cases due to some transaction problems the Income Tax paid by you not reach the Central processing Center. So, to confirm wheater the Income Tax return payment is successful or not you have to check this ITR V Receipt Status Online. You can check this Online Tax Return status online from the official site using both PAN number/ Acknowledgement. To know How to Check the Income Tax return status by PAN number & How to check the online Tax return status by Acknowledgement number click on the link below. We have clearly given the stepwise process to track the Income Tax Return Status.